Energy & Water Reporting and Benchmarking (EWRB)
If you own, manage or represent a commercial or residential building that’s 100,000 square feet and larger, you may be required to report its energy and water use by July 1, 2019.
HOW CAN YOU PREPARE FOR REPORTING?
If you own, manage or represent a building that will be reporting:
- Get your EWRB ID, a unique number assigned to each large building owner. If you haven’t received this by mail, contact EWRB Support at 1-844-274-0689, or by email at EWRBSupport@ontario.ca. You will need to provide information to validate your request.
- Collect your reporting information. You will need use type data and utility usage data. You can determine use type data by measuring the gross floor area dedicated to each property use type in your building. Your utility usage data is available from your utility bills and invoices, or if you don’t have them by contacting your local energy and water utilities. Be sure to contact them early in the year and ask for usage data for EWRB.
- Open a Portfolio Manager account and enter your data. Consult the Portfolio Manager Guide at the link, below for step by step instructions on how to enter your data.
- Verify your data. This is only required if your building is 100,000 square feet or larger.
- Submit your report on the Portfolio Manager EWRB page by July 1.
CARMA would like to remind properties of the requirement from the Ministry
of Energy, Northern Development and Mines that they are required to report
their annual energy and water use.
This information is available on your bulk utility bills and that you should contact your local utilities to provide you with this information.
Regulation Guidelines: https://www.ontario.ca/page/guide-energy-and-water-reporting
Portfolio Manager Guide: https://www.ontarioenergyreport.ca/pdfs/PM-Guide-for-Property-Owners.pdf