CARMA Billing Services (CBSI) has made amendments to its Conditions of Service (“CoS”). These revisions (with changes tracked) have been posted on the CBSI website for a customer commentary period of June 30, 2019 through August 31, 2019.
The proposed revisions are summarized as follows:
- Reformatting of document to allow for greater customer clarity. Reformatting affected sections, section numbering, and table of contents.
- Moved Glossery of Terms to Section 1
- Document was revised to include reference to Heating and Cooling Energy throughout the document
- Added section 2.9 Bill Format and Charge Definitions
- Updated Section 3.1 Contacts – added section under “Residential and General Services” detailing methods of service enrollment
- Updated Section 3.2 Disconnections – added sections stating that reconnections will only occur during regular business hours 8am to 5pm.
- Updated Section 3.2.2 Disconnection Procedures – added “ or available social, government or charity assistant programs”
- Updated Section 22.214.171.124 – Added “Customer will be charged a fee for disconnection and reconnection of service as result of non-payment”
In accordance with Section 3.2.3 of the Unit Sub-Metering Code, CBSI will be providing notification to customers of the proposed changes via a message on the customer invoice. Customers will have the opportunity to comment on the changes by e-mail to email@example.com or written letter to CARMA Billing Services Inc. 132 Walsh Rd. Lindsay, Ontario, K9V 4R3.